Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Unlocks The Key To Lovers’ Hearts
For all starry-eyed couples visiting Rome Cavalieri this Valentine’s Day (or any other time of year for a romantic break), the hotel is offering a new package including the chance to take part in a popular ritual enjoyed by Italian couples: a visit to the Ponte Milvio, a bridge over the Tiber in the north of the city.
Originally built in the era of the Roman Empire and the site of the famous Battle of Milvian Bridge in 312AD, Ponte Milvio began attracting couples, who used a lamppost on the bridge to hang padlocks as a sign of their love, in 2006. The ritual involved locking the padlock to the lamp post, before throwing the key into the Tiber and was invented by author Federico Moccia for his book and movie “I Want You”. Just a year later, the original lamp post collapsed under the weight of the many padlocks, however today all around the bridge steel columns have been introduced by the Mayor to enable the popular tradition to continue for years to come!
Rome Cavalieri’s “Ponte Milvio” Valentine’s Day Package includes:
- One night’s luxury accommodation
- Buffet breakfast served at L’Uliveto restaurant
- One dinner for two served at L’Uliveto restaurant including 3 course meal and wine selected by the Sommelier
- One Caribbean Moments Spa package including hydro-massage, sauna, Turkish bath, two St. Barth Harmony massages, two scrubs, two papaya facial masks and two cocktails at the Grand Spa Café
- One personalized padlock with names engraved to attach to the Ponte Milvio
- Bottle of spumante and chocolates
Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is also offering exclusive Valentine’s Day menus at L’Uliveto Restaurant and the three Michelin-starred La Pergola, and an option to book the Caribbean Moments Spa package separately, both for guests to enjoy during their stay or visitors to Rome not staying at the hotel but after an indulgent treat.
For further information or to make a reservation at Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, please call +39 06 3509 1 or visit their website above.
Alternatively, find a wedding planner in Rome here.