- Travel off season - generally November to March, excluding Christmas.
- Take advantage of hotel offers - many will offer free rooms for the bride and groom if they book a certain number of rooms for guests
- Email your wedding invitations
- Hire your wedding dress, borrow a dress, buy it from a charity shop or ask a student designer to design one for you
- Order digital photos on a memory card and print them out yourself
Top 5 low cost wedding destinations
- Las Vegas. The wedding capital of the world is also one of the cheapest, with a wedding licence costing only $55 and ceremonies starting from only $80. Take advantage of winter offers in one of the large hotels, or even grab a late package deal to Vegas and you could be married before you know it.
- Florida. A similarly popular destination for Brits getting married abroad, Florida is a very cost effective wedding location, with a marriage licence costing under $100, and ceremonies starting from approx $400.
- Cyprus. One of the top European wedding destinations, you can marry here very easily. Marriage licences cost less than €200 and ceremonies from less than €500.
- California. There are many flights available to Los Angeles and San Francisco, so hop on a plane and get married in sunny California! Marriage licences cost approx $40 and ceremonies start from under $500.
- Caribbean. Most countries in the Caribbean offer low cost ceremonies, either through hotel deals or direct with a local wedding planner. Marriage licence costs vary from under $50 to up to $300, with ceremonies starting from only $35 if you marry in the Registry office in the British Virgin Islands!
The credit crunch doesn’t mean you can’t have a fabulous wedding – it just means you have to be more creative with your ideas and your money. Think of it as a perfect opportunity to have a wedding with a difference and start married life in style.