Top tips for getting married in South Africa
1. Try to keep it simple and stress free.
2. Choose a destination that will give you a memorable backdrop for your wedding photos.
3. Your wedding dress should be in a light fabric (remember it will be hot) and avoid a long train (which will get dirty).
4. Wear appropriate footwear for your location.
5. For beach weddings, mornings are best (to avoid the glare of the mid-day sun and afternoon sea breezes).
6. For safari weddings, early morning or late afternoon is best (great lighting for your photos).
7. When planning your make-up, remember you will need to wear high factor sunblock, as you will be out in the sun for a considerable length of time.
8. Send photos of style of hair, make-up and flowers you want in advance, to ensure you get what you want.
9. Check out the work of your photographer on-line, so you are happy with their work.
10. Ask for added extras, such as Zulu singers or dancers.
11. To avoid last-minute stress, ensure well in advance that all your documentation is in order.
12. Check out your hotel reviews, so that you have full confidence in them.
13. Then relax and enjoy every moment of your special day!
2by2 Holidaysare a southern and east African operator that specialises in tailor-made holidays to destinations in southern and east Africa.
They have a dedicated weddings programme, and for 2012, have added a new eight-day wedding and honeymoon package that involves a wedding ceremony taking place on Boulders Beach in Cape Town (where there is a resident penguin colony).
The wedding day package includes spa treatments for the bride, transport to and from beach venue, Flowers (small bouquet and buttohole), small wedding cake & champagne and wedding dinner for bride and groom.
Land-only prices lead in at £1,795 per person and includes the wedding package and eight nights' accommodation.
Contact 2by2 Holidays for more details via their website on on 01582 766122.
Or see more South Africa wedding providers here.