Wedding abroad news and information. Keep up to date with the latest news in the destination wedding world.
New wedding website design launched
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
We've been working hard to bring you a new-look marry abroad. Take a look at our new beta site, which is finally live! www.marryabroad.co.uk/home.shtml
Day 3 Thursday was high energy day. The Via Ferrata is a popular activity in Cortina and we were all going to undertake one of the routes up a mountain overlooking the town. Via Ferrata is where a cable is attached to the side of a mountain and you climb up attached to the cable by ropes and clips. A bit like climbing with the route already mapped out for you and attached to something that shouldn't break! When we arrived at the mountain I took one look and thought there was no way I would be able to climb up there. I'd never been climbing before and had no idea what to do. Nevertheless, I gave it a go, and with quite a lot of effort I made it up 3 metres before our guide (who had climbed K2 and is quite famous locally) decided that he didn't fancy hauling me the whole way up the mountain and made me abseil down instead! I can't say that I was too disappointed as my whole body was shaking already, so two more hours of that was looking a bit daunting. Although, if...
Combining the romance of sail with a spectacularly romantic ocean setting, Star Clippers is offering the opportunity for a sunset marriage blessing on the upper deck of the company's four-masted `Star Clipper’ or `Star Flyer’ and the five-masted `Royal Clipper’, conducted by the ship’s captain, attended by uniformed crew. The blessing can be arranged on Star Clipper voyages in the Caribbean, Mediterranean and Central America and the romance starts when honeymoon guests are welcomed on board with champagne and fruit basket in their cabin. The recreation of these graceful 19th century style clipper ships for modern-day sailing voyages was the inspiration of a Swedish businessman, Mikael Krafft, whose first two vessels, Star Flyer and Star Clipper, were the first true clipper ships to be built since 1910, recreating the golden age of sail when square-rigged trading `clipper’ ships would race one another across the world’s great oceans as they delivered passengers and...
Day 1 A 4.30am start was not the easiest, especially after arriving at Birmingham airport the plane to Venice developed technical trouble and was delayed by a few hours. I was travelling to Cortina D'Ampezzo, a town in the Italian Dolomite mountains a couple of hours north of Venice, to discover if this area, popular for winter and summer sports, would make a good wedding destination. Eventually the flight did take off and I arrived in Venice three hours late, but still in time to catch the express bus to town. Arriving in Cortina at 4pm I had missed the briefing on the history of the town, but was still able to meet a local wedding planner, Annette Gottman , who knows the area intimately and has arranged many weddings. Annette is primarily a herbalist and flower expert, but her expertise also works well for events. She showed me some beautiful pictures of ceremonies she had created and talked about the ceremony she was arranging for that Saturday at the beauti...
Comments